Thursday, February 14, 2008

Some poetry help for Valentines

I searched and found some of the best poems and sayings I could for this special day. I am thinking about getting into the greeting card business

I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon. ~Author Unknown

You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip. ~Jonathan Carroll, "Outside the Dog Museum"

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~Author Unknown


True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked. ~Erich Segal

Maybe the best is:
A baby is born with a need to be loved - and never outgrows it. ~Frank A. Clark


OK maybe I should not go in to the greeting card business..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would keep your day job if I were you :-)

Anonymous said...

I was supposed to tell you that my mom said not to give up your day job. And I agree :-)

God is Faithful! said...

was debbie the unknown author of that first quote? lol :) ~P