Thursday, December 6, 2007

Duck Hunting


Quite the busy week. I wasn't going to write about it, but some have asked. I had the privilege of being the medic for Vice President Cheney as he duck hunted in Arkansas. I have already heard all the jokes about, "Who were you there for him, or the other hunters" etc..
My job has allowed me over the years to serve as medic for Presidents Clinton, Gore, Bush and Cheney on several occasions. Most of the time you never really get to speak to them, but on a rare occasion you get the privilege of at least saying something to them. This was one of those times. The camp was fairly small, but very nice. It was normal to see him cross the compound, or come into a room that you were already in. You dont really discuss anything of importance, really what do you say? Any rate it always amazes me to see the workings of his guard the Secret Service as well as what it takes to just move him from one location to the next. Our motorcade was 14 cars, one of the staff said that it takes at least 18 cars just to move the President a block.

By the way, the VP seems to be a great shot and looked like he took his limit both days, and I did fell very safe ;-)

=

No comments: