Sunday, July 22, 2007

Convention Update

We are just back from the regional convention in Fort Smith. I must say it was one of the best conventions that I have been a part of in years. There was a sweet spirit of unity and fellowship. There was more hugging than I have seen in a long time. I want to go on record saying that I appreciate our Overseer Bishop Pense and believe that he has God's heart.



One thing that was non traditional was bi-lingual worship. There is a growing Hispanic work in our region. Several of the Pastors and workers were on hand for the convention. Spanish interpretation was available for each session.

Special honor was given to the retired ministers. It was great to have Brother and Sister Wells back in the state. They were honored along with others during today's session. When their names were read a standing ovation was given.

An announcement was made that on the years between the Regional Convention, Celebration Conventions will be held one in Arkansas and one in Oklahoma. This is designed to keep us up to date, and in fellowship.

Today the traditional appointments were made made that will be good for 4 years. I am very glad to report that Debbie and I have been reappointed to the Church at North Little Rock. This is an appointment that we take very seriously. Please pray for us as we seeks God's face for direction.

No comments: