Saturday, November 8, 2008

Meet Alice


(Thats Jim in the Picture, Alice is the car)


I am a car nut, I would have a warehouse full of them if I could. A 1970 Chevelle and a 60's Impala have always been on my wish list of cars to have. Jim is a friend of mine that I have known for years. His grandmother (Alice) bought this car new in 1967. She played the piano at church. and really did drive it mostly to get groceries and church on Sunday. It has never left the county. It has 43600 actual miles on it. When Alice passed away, Jim’s father started tinkering with it. When he discovered he had cancer this became his project car, it has a couple of dents, so he started sanding on it. He did not make it far before he passed away. The car sat in the same garage untouched for the last 8 years. Jim called one day and asked if I was still interested in the Impala, what kind of question is that. He and I struggled over the value of the car, me thinking it was worth more, and him thinking less, both trying hard to not damage a friendship. At last the price was settled and after fresh fuel, a little TLC, Alice came back to life, and I drove her home. I don’t know what it is about these old rides, nostalgia or what, but I do love them. I have a little work to get her back to show room, I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

God is Faithful! said...

just what you needed!~:)
peggy