Friday, April 4, 2008

The week that won't quit...

Monday On the way to work I responded to an unconscious child to back up an ambulance. I arrived to find my medic hooking up a monitor and saying, “Greg this kid is gone” sure enough the child was beyond resuscitation efforts. I told the mom, “I’m sorry” and held her as she cried, I took physical punches from the grandmother who thought I had not done enough.

Tuesday- No big deal, but annual renewal time on insurance for all the ambulances as well as a meeting with the fire marshal to try to persuade him to allow the church to occupy a new location.

Wednesday- Scaffolding falls from the I/430 bridge taking three workers with it. We finally devised a plan to recover the bodies of the workers and low and behold it works, however we only recover one body. I am on the barge taking it back home to the Yacht Club, when we round a corner and hit heavy flow in the river (after all we are flooding) the barge starts taking on water and sinking and we cant make any head way. We call the Club for a pump and after some work finally pump it out and make it home after about 10 hours.
Thank you to Robert our youth Pastor who handled the Wednesday night study while I finished up the recovery.



Link to story

__________________________________________________________________________________
Thursday- Tornadoes hit our area. We coordinate search and recovery for four cities. I finally get to bed at 4AM. Hoping that Friday breaks the streak.





____________________________________________________________________________________
Friday- All is well till the afternoon I hear that unit 422 was just hit by a city bus. Both crew members and three passengers go to the hospital. (all not critical)













____________________________________________________________________________________



Saturday we will meet to discuss the river rescue/recovery called a “hot wash” this is a normal procedure. I am just hoping that this streaks finally ends.

What a week I thank God that they are not all like this.

2 comments:

Robert House said...

i pray that things start to turn around for you and that God's favor rains down on you.

The Scotts said...

Hey Bro,
I thought my weeks were bad - nothing can compare to your week. Hope the excitement quiets down and it's not as eventful. Love you guys!!