Thursday, November 22, 2007

The funny thing about Thanksgiving, or any huge meal, is that you spend 12 hours shopping for it and then chopping and cooking and braising and blanching. Then it takes 20 minutes to eat it and everybody sort of sits around in a food coma, and then it takes four hours to clean it up. ~Ted Allen












Yep, we did it, Thanksgiving at the Cracker Barrel. It was not a unanimous vote by any means, some of the family thought is was a fantastic idea, others thought we had totally lost our minds. Since I am not one of the cooks I was just glad to eat ;-) I had the uncle Hershel's favorite (breakfast) others had the traditional meal. The day to me is not about the meal, but about sharing time together. We left the restaurant the family headed to Lori's I headed to MEMS first to check on how the crews were being fed. At MEMS I visited with those souls that work the holidays so you and I can have the care we need "in case of emergency". I had the privilege of spending time with Ron, he is my friend who "died" a few weeks ago, that visit put the meaning of the day in focus for me.

No comments: