Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Summer Youth Camps Date Change

This year some of the schools are getting out later than normal. This has prompted a change in camp dates. A recent letter I received says:

I’m sure you all have heard the concerns from kids and pastors regarding year-end school dates due to snow days and camp dates conflicting. (Many of the AR kids would not get to attend camp because school would not be out. There are 6 from our local church alone.) Today after much deliberation and consideration with the camp coordinator and the regional overseer and trying to choose the best dates available for everyone, the Adventure camp dates (ages 13-18) for our (Tom and my) camp have changed. The new camp dates are as follows:

Friday, July 27 through Wednesday, August 1

I sincerely hope that all of you can make arrangements with your work and families and still work in camp with us this year. I am truly sorry for any confusion or conflicts that this may cause, but as you all are aware…only He (God) controls the Arkansas weather…J haha Please let me know as soon as possible whether you will still be able to work with us or not. I pray that this change is good for everyone concerned. I know it will be good for the kids who get to attend now.

Please continue to pray for camp. The overseer and the regional office will be contacting all of the pastors and getting the word out as quickly as possible so be looking for word at your local churches.

Thanks for all you do for Him and for the kids, and thanks in advance for being flexible and understanding. Tom and I appreciate you tremendously!

Blessings,

Stephanie

No comments: